Tuesday, July 5, 2016

weekly photo diary no.1

Currently: 9:04am, in my room, listening to "Callow" by Novo Amor

Last week of June 2016, and it was just another breezy 7 days of summer.
I have about six weeks left of summer now, and that's just really exciting. (I'm listing all the classes I'll be taking this coming fall, and I can't wait! One of them is Psychology & Law, which is a class my school's been offering only in the summer. Really glad they opened up the class for the academic year. Yes, I'll have to drop my beloved online class (Forensic Science) to meet the adequate credit hour limit. But I think it will be worth it.

Anyway,

Here is my (first ever!) weekly photo diary:



Cleaned up my desk. But just this side of it, lol. My shelf area (not pictured because I don't want to scare you off) is really cluttered right now. Sigh, I used to have a full-size shelf, but not anymore. Another reason to be excited to go back to school - I will be living in an apartment with my own room. Yay!



Took some time to prep for GRE. Unlike the undergraduate entrance exams, this standardized test has so many directions I need to understand/keep in mind (especially on the verbal reasoning portion.) I'm limited in my vocab, so I've just been learning and reviewing some of the common GRE words. The quantitative reasoning portion is breezy, and the writing analysis section is actually a pretty simple construction. I don't think I'm fully ready yet, but I'm getting there!



Painted my nails. But erased & clipped them after maybe 3 minutes. I have this thing with polishing nails. It's the act of painting them that I love more than seeing them colored (so I usually go for the neutrals.) I don't know, is it just me? I love trying to get the perfect stroke - it's so satisfying. My nails were long, so I thought I might try a gradient-glittery-pink type of manicure. In the picture it's quite unnoticeable, but oh well.



Started a new bullet journal. I say new because I actually was already using one, lol. But it was a large graph composition notebook, and I was wanting something smaller and more compact - a Moleskine journal. Told myself I'll buy one once I start seeing the end pages of the current bullet journal, but I saw this faux gridline journal at Ross for $3 and couldn't resists buying it. Moleskine journals range around $17 ~ ? The front cover is not real leather, but the inside does its job! The grids are a bit small, but my handwriting fits perfectly in them. I have a problem with choosing a planner/planning system and sticking with it. Tried a lot of thing - from using generic planners from Target, relying on OneNote as my planner, and even purchasing a Filofax (I know, a lot of moms use this, lol). Hopefully, I'll use this planner journal longterm. 

Other things I did this past week:

 

On July 4th, I took a walk around a lake (?) with my family. It was so tiring, and I was sweating in my jeans. Grandma told me it was going to be cold and that I should wear long sleeves. I regretted my apparel choice the whole day.



Car rides. It's post-wisdom tooth extraction, and I'm now a free animal on the road. Just kidding, but really. I stayed in bed for a day or two, and it was actually really nice. (Well, except the acid reflux part. If you're taking medications, still eat regularly! I changed my meal schedule based on my medicine intake, and it was a bad idea. I woke up one morning with unbearable pain under the chest area, and I thought I was dying.) I'm a home-y (and a homie), so I like to stay indoor and curled up in a blanket. While I'm home for the summer, that's all I really want to do. (At least, before I get back to my busy life once I get back on campus and classes start.)

Things I ate:

 

Went to Joy Yee, and oh how my taste buds danced with gaiety

 

My family restocked on fruits, so that's really good. Not pictured here, but I had a bowl of banana slices, blueberries, and chopped mango pieces. Fruits are friends

 

We also had fishcakes for one of our meals. It was earlier in the week, and I don't know why but my jaw and throat were sore and hurting. (Maybe that's one of the symptoms of tooth removal? I hope nothing was wrong.) So I couldn't eat much, but it was still good *two thumbs up*

etc - a game I've been playing: Happy Sandwich Cafe

  

Every summer, I find games to binge on. And once school starts, I just delete them, lol. The pictures are kind of self-explanatory - you design your own sandwiches and sell them to the townspeople. I'm not that creative, so I usually just name my sandwiches after what I put in them. (Tuhamo is tuna + hamo, lol.)

 

You're also prompted to complete quests (or missions? They call them missions, not quests) and buy new ingredients for your sandwiches.

Typing this all out, it sounds like a stupid game. The game is really just a free time passer,  and it's likely that I'll delete it soon. But if you're looking for a simple game, check this one out! It's quite cute.


That's it for my first weekly photo diary :) It's already 9:38am, and I should probably get on that GRE practice test. Strangers and friends, I hope you are having a great, restful summer!