Thursday, October 27, 2016

Here is a very random blog post about abortion

P.S. (Yes, I will start this blog post with a postscript. Or maybe we should call it a prescript?)
I haven't forgotten about my blog. And my only excuse is that I have been busy (. . .). I should be more proactive about blogging. It's therapeutic, and I feel somewhat accomplished and collected after each entry. A lot has been on my mind since school has started, and I hope to slowly gather them into words on this digital paper.

Abortion -
I want to quickly put a disclaimer here that I am not good at debate. I'm coming to a realization that I can be quite conflict avoidant, and getting into arguments - even those intellectual ones - is not my forte. I don't like it when people disagree with me, so I'd rather keep my thoughts to myself. Yes, this is an area I need growth. But that can be another post.

(So back to. . .)
Abortion -
Surfing through my Facebook feed, I came across an illustration of the abortion procedure. I knew abortion meant ending the life of the unborn baby. But actually seeing a visual representation of it kind of freaked me out. If you're like me and you're not too familiar with the process, you can ask Google. (Hint: They tear apart the baby's limbs! Oh my goodness.) This is insane. And I can't imagine how much hurt abortion can cause. Of course, there's the bodily extinction of a life. But there's also the mental state of the mother. Anyway, I felt tingly when I saw the last stage of the process: Only the baby's head remaining in the womb. I then started questioning. . . Does the baby think? When does the baby start to have cognition? Are there neurons developed? When can we say a being is a living being? Is it wrong that I'm addressing it as a baby? Do the world see it as just a fetus? When does a fetus start to sense? Do we sense before we think? (A lot of these are related to neural development. That should be interesting to research.) With this whole debate on abortion - where do I stand? Am I pro-abortion? Or against? From whose perspective, though? If a woman was raped, doesn't she have the right to end the baby's life - the product of the nightmare and sinful act that was committed on her? But is it the baby's fault? The baby has not fault, right? It's the sinner who should be punished? How does God justify this? How are we supposed to pray for this? What does God think about this? How does he feel about this? Doesn't he mourn? Aren't we legalizing murder? Is this moral? Is this what God intends?

I'm just going to leave it at that and end it here
because I don't have any answers.